5.12.2010

Epaulet Hoyt: Delivered

Well, they've arrived. If you missed it, I profiled them last week to whet your appetite and now I have the goods to evaluate. My initial impressions are very good. I've only worn them for a few hours total around the house to break them in and these jeans fit me wonderfully.
First wear, as compared to my A.P.C. Rescues, the Hoyts fit way less like jeggings and more like actually-fitting jeans. They were a bit tight at first but they've since relaxed a bit, as expected with any denim.
The difference in the weight of the fabric is quite noticeable (12.25oz. vs. 14oz. for the Rescues). They are lighter but don't give me the feeling that they're going to fall apart. Construction seems well executed and it really shows in the details: There are gunmetal rivets and donut buttons (four total buttons if you're wondering), a solid diagonal bar tack on each corners of the back pockets, and a handsome embossed leather patch above the rear right pocket (all pictured below).
I am quite satisfied with the fit and quality of this denim. Epaulet gets the TBTYH stamp of approval. And also, considering that they are made in the US with materials of US origin, $145 is a pretty good value.
I apologize for the quality of the fit photo. There really isn't much light in my kitchen at 8:00pm.

2 comments:

  1. Man, those look awesome. You ordered true-to-size, right?

    My Gap loose selvage arrived today. I went with 35x32 and they fit really well. I am not sure how much they will stretch or fade, but we'll see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. I'm usually a 33 in Levi's if that helps.

    ReplyDelete