7.14.2010

Levi's Fall Outerwear: Beyond Denim

(In the northern hemisphere) I know it's a strange time to be thinking about outerwear. At least where I'm at, we're all trying to wear as few layers as is socially acceptable. However, you must realize that before you know it, it's gonna get cooler and you're gonna need some kind of jacket to throw over the shoulders of your lady friend when she gets chilly (why do women get so cold?).
If for some reason, you're not down with denim jackets or if you're looking for something fresh when temperatures drop, Levi's has you covered. Enter the Cord Trucker Jacket.
 

These corduroy jackets in khaki and red are a "slim-fitting update to the 1967 Standard Trucker" and feature a "close and tapered cut". For $70, that is more than good enough for me. And unlike a denim jacket, you'll never have to worry about contrasting with what you're wearing on your lower half. Either of these would work with just about any kind of pants you tend to wear in the fall. Both soft and warm, these will be tough to pass up.
Aside: I can only imagine how excellently the khaki version will pull together your look when you're wearing some dark denim, a crispy white shirt, and a dark knit tie.

*Edit - I pulled the trigger on this jacket and can tell you that it fits very much the same as Levi's slim trucker denim jacket. Check the size chart if you're not familiar because these run pretty slim.

7 comments:

  1. The colors/cord looks good. Levis if your listening give us some type 1 and 2 options.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like. I'm a little nervous as to what would be a complete look with this but I'm willing to try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. cord jacket, denim pants and moc toed boots would destroy it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Though cord pants make up a disproportionately high percentage of my winter wardrobe, I can never have too much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had one in XL mens and lost it in Vegas recently - now I cannot find one in red - where can I get one?

    ReplyDelete